- Dates are confirmed only when deposit is received
- Deposits are required for every person in
- Deposits are payable by personal check, e-transfer or credit card (no surcharge on the card for deposits)
- Deposits are non-refundable for SUTTON, PYM, NAPKEN and MOOSE HUNTS. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Deposits are not transferable unless you have the same number of people originally booked. (EXAMPLE – THE 4TH MEMBER OF A GROUP OF 4 CANCELS AND FINDS A REPLACEMENT, THAT NEW 4TH MAY USE THE DEPOSIT WITH A CALL OR EMAIL FROM THE ORIGINAL GROUP MEMBER TRANSFERRING HIS DEPOSIT.)
- cancelation policy, minimum 12 weeks prior to trip, 75% of your deposit is refundable. 11-10 wks notice 50% credit, 9-8 wks notice 25% credit less than 8 weeks prior to trip no credit/no refund/no transfer
- When you receive the receipt by email, please keep it and be aware of your balance due to be prepared for final payment. This can avoid someone questioning what is owed the morning of the flight and having the wrong payment method when we are trying to get everyone ready and on the plane.
- Packing list is to help with the necessities; weight requirements are strict, if you require more gear, feel free to do so and you will pay only for the extra flying needed to bring the extra gear.
- Have a planning meeting with group. Plan menu, group gear and personal items. This is a great time to list all your questions and email to Mel. Make sure every member of the group is cc’d so everyone gets the same information. email@example.com
- Bait is available to purchase in town, call to have your order prepared at 705-362-4828 and make sure you ask what time the bait can be picked up please. They aren’t always open very early in the morning.
- Fishing licences are available online or selected licence issuers or ServiceOntario centres across the province. You can also call the outdoor card center to update your information, renew your cards or indicate you’ve lost your card. 1 800-387-7011
- We do not have fishing licences available at the base other than the use of a computer to purchase online.
- US/Canada Border crossing. It’s important to review rules on DUIs, children with a different last name, records and medical issues.
US State Department: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel.html
Canada Border Services Agency: http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/menu-eng.html
- Final payments can be made by Credit Card (4% convenience fee), certified check or cash in the amount on the invoice. If you have questions about cost or payment, call to clarify prior to your arrival. The morning of the flight is not the time to question what is owed and payment methods. Make sure you share the invoice with everyone in the group.
- You have the option of sending a check for the balance of your trip prior to your arrival if you prefer to have the trip paid in Mail 2 months prior to arrival. If you are sending US check, I will advise of the exchange rate the day we receive the payment to confirm any balances owed to us or back to you.
- We are located 17 miles west of Hearst on Highway 11, approximately 20 minute DIRECTIONS
- Office opens at 6:30 AM and planes are scheduled for first departure at 7 AM. Unless the office has called you and specified a time for your group’s departure, all groups are to be at the base for 6:30 AM. This will give you enough time to unload and weigh your gear, get last minute administration done, and get you and your group off to the lakes for a full day of
- You may leave you vehicles at the base and leave a key in the office if you wish to do
- Weight limits are enforced BY LAW and for the safety of the plane.
- If you are staying a full 7 days, you will get a midweek check flight with 100 lbs allowed for free. This gives you the opportunity to leave some beer, water or “freezer” food aside for
- Hillmer, Wanzatika, Mcleister, Martison, Sunshine overloads are $0.65/lb additional to the 100 lbs/person
- Quantz, Napken, Pym Island a full charter rate ($1600 – $2800) will be applied to the flying required to bring in your extra
- Sutton River, full charter rate for extra flight if needed for any weight over 320 lbs per person (body and gear) $6000 – $8800/flight
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE RESTRICTIONS ARE NOT TO LIMIT YOUR FUN, THEY ARE THE LAW AND FOR YOUR SAFETY.
- Be aware of fishing/hunting regulations, licences required and follow all limits.
- Keep the camps clean. Empty the fridge/freezer, clean the stove top/oven, mop the floor and pick up garbage around the camp and inside. A little goes a long way. Just as you appreciate coming into a clean camp, others appreciate you leaving it the same way.
- Boats need to be cleaned out of garbage and weeds, and pulled in to shore with motors properly
- No writing on the walls of the camps. If you wish to leave a little something from your trip, please bring something to write on and leave on the wall OR write in the provided guest
- Please be conscious of how you pack your food and other items to create the LEAST garbage possible. Remove all packaging before you leave home to not have it as garbage at camp, bring food in containers that can be reused for your return packing. If there are no fire bans, you will be able to burn all the paper waste. IMPORTANT – CLEAR MEDIUM SIZED GARBAGE BAGS ONLY. ALL GARBAGE WILL BE FLOWN OUT FOR RECYCLING WHAT CAN BE SENT TO RECYCLING. There are great resources online for tips on minimalist packing.